|Closing Date:||December 20, 2019|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
[PIAS] is an independent sector market leading group of companies working in the creation and distribution of music, film, comedy and associated repertoire on an international basis across both physical and digital formats.
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. We operate 16 global offices, all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers and deliver the best possible content to the consumer.
We are currently looking for a Business Affairs Manager (Permanent Position) – Brussels Office
[PIAS] is looking for a full time lawyer to join their Belgian business affairs team at their office in Brussels looking after all Benelux related work. Working alongside another Business Affairs Manager, and reporting to the Continental European Business Affairs Director (also based in Brussels), the successful applicant will handle: IP acquisitions to the Play It Again Sam SPRL record company and the distribution business, the [PIAS] Nites live business, publishing, corporate affairs and other business affairs, as required.
Functions of the role will include:
- Providing day to day legal and business affairs support to all [PIAS] companies within Benelux to include negotiating and drafting a wide variety of acquisition and disposal agreements.
- Working closely with various internal departments, particularly Royalties, Finance, and Neighboring Rights to ensure effective communication of deal terms within the Group.
- Being a contributing member of the global Business Affairs team.
- Building confident working relationships with senior management.
- Hold a master’s degree in Belgian or Dutch, law. Any experience of French law is a plus.
- Be native French and be fluent (both verbally and written) in Dutch and English
- Have direct legal experience of the music business, with at least some knowledge of the agreements core to all of the above mentioned business types.
- Have an ability to work accurately under time pressure with a good eye for detail.
- Have proven negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Have an ability to communicate with all staff at the highest and lowest levels.
- Be a good team player.
- Be passionate about music.
- Have a good sense of humor.
- A full time job.
- A compensation and benefits package depending on your experience.
- A relaxed yet challenging work environment in a beautiful building located within the center of Brussels, with a casual dress policy and surrounded by music all day long.
- Access to concerts and free products.
Send us an email including your covering letter and CV in English. Please use the following formation for the subject of your email “Business Affairs Manager – YOUR NAME” to Sylvie Dumon at Frederik.email@example.com and recruitmentEU@pias.com. Closing date for applications is December 20th, 2019.
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.