|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Closing Date:||December 17, 2018|
|Applications for this position have now closed|
What we do:
PIAS] Group manages and controls a range of digital and physical rights on behalf of the labels and repertoire owners that it works with. [PIAS] is proud to represent some of the world’s finest independently owned music, comedy and film repertoire. We offer a broad range of services on a multi-territorial basis.
A dedicated data and asset cleansing project function to support critical project work. This position is for an initial 3- month contract.
This position requires a keen attention to detail, strong organizational ability and a demonstrable understanding of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel. The successful applicant will be a good communicator together with having an enthusiasm for music and a can-do attitude. An ability to work autonomously, close attention to detail and to be happy working with large data sets on a daily basis is a must.
Functions of the role will include:
- Data clean Project work
- Reviewing large metadata sets in Excel to identify and resolving issues
- Comparing multiple data sets to correctly identify correct formats
- Preparing excel files for database upload to make corrections
- Research to be able to make informed decision
- Identifying duplicate data and resolving, either directly within [PIAS] Repertoire system or supplying update excel files
- Correcting links between products
- Sourcing and preparing Rich Media assets and ingesting into systems (eg downloading and renaming files)
- Keeping to deadlines for the completion of set tasks and updating head of repertoire operations on progress/issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in data entry/data cleaning role an advantage
- Methodical approach to work with/experience of having to deliver to deadlines
- High degree of attention to detail/accuracy is essential
- Strong passion for and knowledge of music and music metadata requirements
- Classical music knowledge an advantage
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and ability to work autonomously
- Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of metadata requirements for digital supply chain and retailer style guide an advantage
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise own workload
- Experience of music research work/label copy or production background
- Good communication skills – both online and via telephone
- Enthusiasm and keenness to learn
- Being organized and demonstrating an affinity with problem solving
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.