|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Apply via Email|
Please send your applications for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[PIAS] Artist & Label Services is appointing a Label Manager – Classics and Jazz to join the UK team. With a particular passion for the Classical area of the business, working across sales, marketing and distribution together with an understanding of the challenges faced in today’s market. We are looking for a Classical specialist (preferably, but not essentially, with additional knowledge of Jazz and the wider [PIAS] labels and catalogues)
As Label Manager, you will have a roster of labels, for whom you will be the primary point of contact, working in all matters relating to the release of their music, liaising with the sales, manufacturing, digital production and distribution teams and generally advising the label as required.
What you’ll be doing
- Working in tandem with labels and sales teams to ensure effective scheduling of releases
- Ensuring timely parts submission to hit release deadlines.
- Overseeing the release process from start to finish.
- Working in tandem with label and sales to provide best advice on release formatting
- Providing advice to the label and liaison with [PIAS] production on release manufacturing
- Pricing / campaigns – demonstrating market knowledge to provide best advice on pricing for new release and back catalogue
- Retail marketing – working in conjunction with sales and label to provide best possible retail profile
- Working closely with label throughout a campaign to offer best practice on digital sales strategy including streaming services and YouTube
- Stock management – where required managing stock levels for labels and providing manufacturing quantities
- Making best use of [PIAS] internal reporting/ B2B systems to provide analysis for labels and internal staff
- Advising on general marketing, plot and strategy across all label releases
- A passion and knowledge of Classical is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of Jazz combined with a good understanding of the overall music market is preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of release planning and forecasting
- Ability to analyse the music market and relevant data
- Needs to be productive, organized and problem solution orientated, demonstrating good decision-making skills
- Active interest in the acquisition process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Team first mentality
- Strong communicator
Interviews will be held on 30th May 2019
[PIAS] embraces diversity. We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the [PIAS] team. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We expect all our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company forward around the globe.