TERMS & CONDITIONS
[PIAS] believes in treating everyone with whom it works or communicates with respect and trust, and that includes you. This also means respecting your privacy to the best of our ability, and not abusing or misusing the information you give us in any way. So we won’t sell your information to anyone, or load up your email with junk, or call you with any sales messages, and you are free to alter your preference settings at any time. In short, your information is safe with us. We appreciate the trust you place in us. And we’re committed to earning it in everything we do.
Our lawyers tell us that the above notice needs to be considerably more detailed, with lots of clause references, and long words, and that we need to talk far more about your new rights under GDPR. We think we have been abiding by the new law for a long time already, but just in case you want to check us out, here’s a link to our full data privacy and cookies policy. Please don’t forget though that we are a group of record companies, so make sure you hurry back to all the great music we release.
NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Competition entries must be made between October 1st and October 30th. Winners will be drawn at random, from all qualifying entries within 7 days of the end of the competition and notified via email. If any selected winners do not reply to the initial email within 7 days of reception, we will re-draw that prize.
The winner can spend the prize on anything they want on the [PIAS] Store (https://store.pias.com/) – the prize can only be used on the [PIAS] Store. The voucher code will be valid for 3 months – if not used, it will be lost. The voucher code can be used for multiple purchases; the unspent value will be added to the customer’s account on the store as a store credit, and can be used on future purchases. No cash back with money on spend. Shipping costs are covered by the voucher, and shipping is available worldwide.
By accessing and using the Website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the content of this Policy. We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time.
The Website is owned and operated by, or on behalf of, [PIAS] UK Limited and/or its parent company LGS2 SPRL (“We” or “Us”). [PIAS] UK Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 03625243 and our registered office is at 1 Bevington Path London SE1 3PW. LGS2 SPRL is a Belgian company, with registered number BE 0476.858.334 and address at Rue Saint-Laurent 36-38, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller responsible for the collection and use of your personal information as set out in this Policy.
Information we collect from you
We collect the following information about you:
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access;
- technical information from your computer or mobile device;
- information you supply if you report a problem with the Website to us; and
- records of any correspondence if you contact us.
How we use your information
We may use any information about you:
- to enable you to have full access to the Website;
- to contact you when you have requested us to do so, including where required to respond to any reported problems concerning the Website;
- to produce anonymous reports, statistics and analysis of the types of users who access the Website;
- for re-targeting advertising where you have consented to this;
- to contact you for your opinions on the Website;
- to notify you about important changes to the Website, including changes or updates to our Policy; and
- to administer and, for our legitimate interests, to improve the Website.
This Website is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor does [PIAS] knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law).
Security and data retention
We take reasonable steps, including physical, technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk.
Your personal information will be retained by [PIAS] for a period of time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate operations, our terms of agreement (if any) with you and in accordance with applicable legal obligations. This may include retention necessary to meet our tax reporting requirements as well as time required to enforce the relevant terms of agreement or to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings.
We may retain a record of your stated objection to the processing of your data, for the sole legitimate purpose of ensuring that we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further, during the term of your objection.
Your choices and rights
You have options and choices over how we use your personal information. You may have the right under applicable laws to ask for details of the personal information we hold about you, or to amend, limit or delete your personal information. You may also have the right to object to further processing under certain circumstances.
We also respect the rights you may have under applicable laws to receive that information in a commonly used electronic format (or ask for this information to be provided in that format to a third party where feasible).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, wish to change your preferences at any time or have any questions about this Policy, please contact us:
- By writing to us at: email@example.com.
Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
Users from the UK or the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal information to one or more countries outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA), where we (or other companies within the [PIAS] Group) or our service providers maintain operations.Where this occurs, we will seek to ensure that any data transferred is protected to the same standards as set out by UK and EEA data protection laws.
The servers used to process your personal information collected from this Website are in the UK, however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located.
If you are unhappy with a response you receive from us, you can refer the matter to your data protection supervisory authority: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Users resident in California
Under California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have certain rights regarding the collection, use, disclosure and sale of their “personal information”.
Specifically, California residents have the right to request:
- Disclosure of personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about you;
- Deletion of your personal information that we maintain;
- To opt out of the sale of your personal information.
To opt out of the sale of your personal information, make a request or, for more information, write to us at [PIAS] UK Limited 1 Bevington Path London SE1 3PW.
If necessary, we reserve the right to take additional steps or require additional information to verify your request.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights.
Information generated by the third-party cookies listed below will be transmitted and stored on servers that may be in the United States or outside the EEA. For more information on cookies, including how to reject or delete them, please visit http://allaboutcookies.org
- Power our e-commerce processes by remembering what is in your cart and where you want your order delivered.
- Show you advertisements across third-party websites and social media platforms which are relevant to your interests in [PIAS] artists. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- These advertisements are enabled using third-party cookies including the following:
- You can opt-out of Google AdWords targeting by visiting Google’s Ads Settings here: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
- You can opt-out of seeing online interest-based ads from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or through your mobile device settings.
- Measure and generate reports on use of the Websites so that we can measure and improve their performance including the number of page visits and traffic sources. To do this, we use third-party cookies including the following:
- Google Analytics, operated by Google Inc. All user data collected by these cookies is in an anonymous form. You can view Google’s practices and position on privacy across Google Analytics here: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- Inspectlet, a user tracking service operated by Inspectlet. We use this service to identify and diagnose any technical or user interface issues with our Websites. Session data is deleted by Inspectlet after 3 months. You can view Inspectlet’s data collection and retention policy here: http://docs.inspectlet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002994432-privacy-Impact-Assessment-under-GDPR. If you do not wish to participate in Inspectlet analytics, you can opt out here: https://www.inspectlet.com/optout